March 18, 2020
Dear Adventure Club Families,
We hope that this note finds you and your loved ones healthy.
We are writing to provide you with an update about our ongoing efforts to support our parents during the coronavirus outbreak.
For the past 31 years, The Adventure Club has placed an emphasis on providing superior child care at an affordable cost in our community. Through thick and thin, we have always tried to remain open under all circumstances, with the understanding that child care is critical for the families we serve. As more schools close nationwide, we understand the need for a safe and healthy place for your children is the most important thing.
Actions we are taking:
- Galaxy Play is OPEN for school-age families from 6:30 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday, @ $130/week
- Registration fees waived for previously enrolled families. If your child is a past alumni and you need child care during these two weeks, you can use our service again without any additional registration fees.
- We are sanitizing all work & play areas constantly. Tables, chairs, door knobs, and toys will be sanitized with bleach and water after each use.
- Any staff showing symptoms of illness will be asked to return home until symptom free. No employee with any symptoms, even minor symptoms, will be allowed to work.
- We have enabled all of our non-essential staff to work from home so they can continue to serve our families without interruption.
- We are praying for the well-being of our families, staff and neighbors.
- We have temporarily changed our tuition pause policy to address the current situation as it affects our families. To the weekly & monthly paying families who emailed us as requested, we have issued credits. We understand that child care is necessary, and that our families’ income may be affected.
- All of our staff are trained in daily health observation per the Virginia Department of Social Services. Before dropping off your child one of our seasoned staff or directors will evaluate your child for any signs of illness. If your child is showing any signs or symptoms you will be asked to take them back home.
- We have stocked all of our bathrooms, front desk and inside areas with soap and water as well as hand sanitizer.
Like you, we are struggling to understand what tomorrow will bring. In these uncertain times, there is one thing to remember… tough times don’t last, tough people do. Together, let’s remain tough and together we will prevail.
Please remember we are here for you and will do whatever we can to serve you now and always.
Founder, The Adventure Club